Tuesday 9 February 2010

Day 23 - Cairo - Back to Work

The winter of 1947 was the worst the UK had seen for years. My granddad had been in the army for around twelve months, and all over the country army bases were being closed down and soldiers sent home. Everyone was wondering how long they'd have to work in the freezing cold.


Just when it felt like the air couldn't get any colder (probably - I made that bit up) my granddad was posted to Egypt at short notice and found himself in a completely opposite climate. Sixty-three years later, the country's facing the coldest winter in years and I get sent to work in Egypt at short notice. I only hope the weather's better when I return.


We spent the afternoon zooming around the Cairo Book Fair in a golf cart today, then filmed another sunset from a rooftop. We're into the final stretch now, Pyramids on Thursday!


Ceiling of the abandoned Roman-style theatre


It's Cairo, it's a fair, there's books - It's the Cairo Book Fair!


The replacement for our Toyota Prius


It always drops like a stone when it gets near the horizon


Somewhere in the world there's a sunrise happening

No comments:

Post a Comment